I love a good casserole. I also love breakfast. So this is a marriage made in Heaven. If you’re not a fan of sausage, you can substitute bacon, or even ham. I’ve made it a ton of ways. It comes out best if it sits in the refrigerator overnight, but can be assembled and cooked right away.
½ cup milk
12 pieces white bread
1 ½ cups cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon or sausage in frying pan per directions. Make sure to crumble meat to bite-size pieces.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread and cut into pieces.
- Beat eggs with milk. Spray 8 x 8 with nonstick spray.
- Toss bread pieces into pan, top with cooked meat, spreading out evenly. Top meat with cheese. Slowly pour egg mixture over the top of the casserole, pressing down bread to absorb the liquid.
- Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place casserole into oven and bake until golden brown on top, and egg is cooked through.