Let me start by saying there is absolutely nothing healthy about this recipe. In fact, I can feel my blood pressure and cholesterol going up just typing this out. And it’s full of processed food. I know, not how you want to feed your family. But, sometimes, you just need a hug in a bowl. Like on a really cold day, when you feel yucky and don’t have the energy to cook. This is the answer. This is the one recipe Brian brought to our family. Only one. He’s not known for cooking, but I have to give him credit, he’s learned through the years how to cook other things.
Brian's Chicken Surprise
1 tbs. olive oil
1 large can cream of mushroom soup
1 can fried onions
1 cup frozen peas
- In fry pan, add oil on medium high heat. When hot, add cubed chicken and brown on all sides. Remove from heat.
- In baking dish, combine chicken, soup, ½ of the onions and peas. Stir and put into oven to finish cooking.
- Prepare rice per directions.
- When chicken mixture is almost cooked and bubbling, add remaining onions and finish browning.
- When done, serve over cooked rice.