This recipe was born from an ingredient fail. It was supposed to be Shrimp Scampi, but the shrimp I bought looked yucky when I defrosted it. So I improvised and changed things up a bit, using chicken instead. I have to say, I think I like it better. I usually serve this over couscous, with some crusty bread on the side to get all the lemony, garlicy goodness from the bowl.
Note: This is NOT toddler approved. Although our boys will eat a variety of foods, they were not crazy about this. So, you might want to save this one for an adults only dinner. Add some wine and candles, and you have a date night!
1 pound chicken tenders, cut into bitesize pieces
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lemon, juiced
1 cup white wine
1 stick butter, melted
1 1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
3 tbsp. flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat oven to 425 degrees
- Salt and pepper chicken.
- In dish, mix lemon juice, wine and 2 cloves of minced garlic. Add chicken.
- In separate bowl, mix butter, breadcrumbs, parsley and reserved garlic.
- Top chicken with breadcrumb mixture, covering top evenly.
- Place in oven and back 30-45 minutes, until chicken is cooked thoroughly and top is browning slightly. If needed, turn on broiler to brown top.
- Serve over couscous, pasta or rice.