This is another example of using a paper mache saying & turning it into fun, easy craft! I used a different pattern of paper for each letter. I painted the edges, glued the paper to each letter & trimmed, one at a time. Sanding the edges of the paper gives a nice smooth finish. A few coats of Mod Podge, spread on thinly, with a paint brush, gives a light luster & preserves the paper.
What you need:
- Saying made of Paper Mache or wood, found at craft store
- Scrapbook Paper of coordinating prints/colors
- Mod Podge
- Paint in coordinating colors
- Decide on the paper you’d like on each letter. Attach the paper to the letters using adhesive. This can be spray adhesive, a glue gone or any other sort. Let dry completely.
- Using a very sharp knife, trim the excess paper from the letters.
- Paint the edges of the letters in the coordinating color. Let dry completely.
- Using some sand paper, smooth out the edges of the letters, ensuring the paper is tight on the edge.
- Apply a few coats of Mod Podge, letting it dry slightly between coats.