I’m pretty sure I told you I love casseroles. And breakfast. So, here’s another one. I was looking for something that didn’t need to sit overnight to soak in, because I fell asleep on the couch last night as soon as the boys went to bed. It had been that kind of day. Many of the ingredients are the same as my original, but this is a little smaller, and round.
Feel free to change up the ingredients you use for the filling. Change the sausage to bacon or ham, use whatever type of cheese you prefer, or make it completely vegetarian. The options are endless! In the end, you get a relatively easy, filling, satisfying breakfast for the ones you love.
1 can crescent rolls
1 lb. breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Salt and Pepper
1 1/2 cup cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a pie plate, line it with the crescent rolls, closing up any seams and creating a crust along the top. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Beat the eggs well, giving them some air.
- Add milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix.
- Add the drained sausage and 1 cup of cheese. Combine until everything is well mixed.
- Pour into pie plate, distributing evenly. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center is set and comes out clean.