My husband’s favorite veggie is broccoli. Really. The rest of us, not so much. I needed a way to make it something the rest of us would eat, meaning I had to find a way to make it appealing to a pair of three-nagers (yes, that’s a word now). I looked for recipes that would be quick, use things I would have on hand and satisfy all of us. What I came up with is this casserole. It’s gooey from the cheese, crunchy from the crackers drenched in butter, and has broccoli.
You could switch up the veggies very easily, as well as the cheese. I think I’ll try this with a medley of brocolli, cauliflower and carrots the next time.
Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the broccoli according to the package instructions, or steam your broccoli until tender. Drain off any excess water.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, 2 tbsp. of butter, egg, soup, mayo and 1 1/2 cups of cheese.
- Place in shallow baking dish that has been sprayed.
- Cover with the rest of the cheese.
- Mix remaining butter and Ritz crackers and cover the cheese evenly.
- Cook uncovered for about 30 minutes.