Library pocket books are a fun project that can hold your favorite photos & mementos! They consist of the two cardboard covers, the paper spine, paper pages & pockets that hold the photos! I chose a Christmas theme for mine. It’s still a work in progress.
What you’ll need:
- 2 lightweight cardboard covers 5×6 1/2″
- 12 pockets 4 3/4x 5″
- 1 spine- 6 1/2″
- 12 pcs white (or coordinating) card stock 4 1/2×6″
- Embelishments, including ribbon
How to assemble:
- You’ll need 6 pcs of card stock cut to 10 x 5 1/2″ each.
- Fold both side in about 1/4″ & glue down.
- Fold in half so pocket is 5″ long, glue sides at edges, to form a pocket.
- Use 1 piece of card stock 6 1/2 x 12″, accordion fold so each pleat is 1″. Ink all edges if desired.
- Glue the pleats together, leaving the outside edges free, but only one side, so it fans out on the unglued side.
- Cover the outside covers w/card stock as desired.
- Glue covers to outside loose edges of spine, to form a book.
- Glue pocket edges to spine and to each other on next page.
- Glue 1 pocket to each of the inside of covers, if wanted.
- Cut 12 pcs card stock 4 1/2 x 6″ to fit in each pocket.
- Embellish as desired!
If you don’t want to make your own book and just want to do the embellishing, they can be ordered in all sorts of colors at mpmschoolsupplies.com or creekbankcreations.com.