A quick and easy craft that you can keep or give as a gift. I repainted my bedroom, and wanted a what-not box for odds and ends that went with the décor.
What you need:
- oval or square paper mache’ box
- scrapbook paper
- razor cutter/xacto knife
- glue or mod podge
- sand paper or craft sanding tool
- ink to coordinate with paper
- embellishments as desired
How to assemble:
- I inked the entire rim of box top & bottom.
- I cut paper the size of the bottom of the box, glue with liquid glue (Aleene’s clear gel tacky glue is what I used)
- Press the paper in place thoroughly to remove all bubbles or use a roller to smooth. Sand the edges so they’re smooth, not too hard or the paper will tear.
- Re-ink rim if needed.
- Lay the top down on the underside of paper and lightly trace the shape, cut & glue down. Cut a strip of paper for the side of the top, glue. Sand all edges & let dry.
- Ink edges again, if needed. Done!! Or…embellish to your hearts content!