Here is another example of using scrapbook paper to cover paper Mache. I always forget to decorate around the house for Easter, for some reason! This is another cute & very easy decoration to make or have kids make!
What you’ll need:
- 2pcs scrapbook paper
- 2-4 pcs coordinating paper for chevrons
- tacky glue/Mod Podge
- pencil, scissors, inks, foam brush
- -paper Mache egg-$3 @ Target
How to assemble:
- Cut strips of paper to cover the sides of the egg.
- Trace the egg on desired paper.
- Cut chevrons to match the ones on egg, or if the egg is plain, any shapes you want. I cut chevron using my Cricut & the Cricut Design Space.
- Glue strips to side of egg making sure to brush glue to cover thoroughly.
- Brush glue all over the top of egg & apply paper. Trim any excess.
- Glue down chevrons or shapes
- I inked top edge of egg.
- Add any embellishments you desire. I used Bella Blvd Easter Stickers on mine.
If you don’t want to use paper, paint with different acrylic paints or kids can use crayons or markers to color.