Who doesn’t love homemade Jam? It’s so easy to make, and tastes so much better than the mass-produced stuff.
We all enjoy doing the “U-Pick” at local farms. Typically, we do it for things that we can’t grow ourselves, like tons of strawberries or blueberries. Recently, our cousin Jessica from Cracklin Oaks Farm and The Shabby Attic took her family to a local blueberry farm to pick berries. The recipe below is her creation! Thanks Jess for sharing it with us!!
Blueberry Freezer Jam
1 Tbs lemon juice
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbs + 2 tsp no sugar fruit pectin
- Mash berries and lemon juice in medium saucepan, and boil.
- Add cinnamon, and continue to boil.
- Add sugar, and return to boil.
- Stir in Pectin, bring to high boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, transfer to canning jar and let stand at room temperature until cool.
- Refrigerator for 3 weeks or freeze for 6 months.