I have a friend who is getting married, and wanted something kitschy to give to her. Because everyone needs something kitschy to remember your wedding! So I came up with this shadow box, containing the initial of their last name.
What you’ll need:
- Shadow box (I used one that sat on a tabletop)
- Letter to fit in box comfortably
- Scrapbook paper
- Paint to coordinate
How to assemble:
- Paint the letter the desired color. If you use the acrylic paints from the craft stores, they dry fairly quickly. You’ll likely need more than one coat.
- Measure the back of the shadow box and cut paper to the correct size.
- Glue paper to the back.
- Once the letter is completely dry, adhere it to the paper. I used my glue gun to do this.
- Affix your letters and numbers. For this one, I did, “Est. 2016”. But you could also do the last name, or the entire date. There are many possibilities!