One of the things I noticed after refinishing the table for the Pink Palace, was that I didn’t want anyone putting a glass on it. No water rings on that precious baby! So, I decided to make my own coasters for both the Pink Palace and our media room. It’s a super easy project, and one that you can use as a gift. We did these one year at our annual cookie exchange, and the ladies each made a set to take home. It was a hit!
You can use whatever you’d like on them: scrapbook paper, photos, cloth, you name it. For the PP, I decided to use quotes from Audrey Hepburn, one of my favorite people in the world. In the media room, I wanted to stick with the theme of sports movies. All I did was download pictures and paste them into Microsoft Word, and crop them to fit the tile, which are 4×4.
So you can use your imagination and make them up for all sorts of occasions!
What you’ll need:
- 4×4 ceramic or stone tiles, used for bathrooms or kitchens
- Mod Podge, or a similar adhesive
- Acrylic Spray
- Rubber or Felt feet
- Artwork of choice
How to assemble:
- Once you’ve chosen your artwork, trim to 4×4 inches.
- Apply the feet to the back of the tile. I have used both the rubber stoppers and felt feet, its whatever you prefer. Both can be purchased at any home improvement store.
- Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to the front of the tile and place the artwork on it, smoothing out any bubbles. Let dry about an hour.
- Apply a thin coat of the Mod Podge over the artwork, making sure all edges are flat and adhered. Let dry overnight.
- In a well ventilated area, or outside, spray a think coat of the acrylic over the artwork. Let dry and spray again.