I hate to throw away stuff! I recently took down 2 antique bronze candle holders in my dining room. I didn’t want to throw them away, so I repainted them with some silver spray paint my husband had, leftover from painting a model car. The two battery operated candles were worn & had red finger prints on them from Christmas, last year. I recovered them with bling!
What you need:
- Silver spray paint
- Silver bling, 2 yds. from Joann
- Alene’s Clear Gel Tacky Glue
- Paint brush
How to assemble:
- I measured the candles and cut enough bling to go around the candle. I did three & 1/2 rows per candle. I glued each strip of bling(each strip was about 9 rows).
- I painted the candle holders using the spray paint. To get into the nooks and crevices, I used a small paint brush to dab in and fill in.
- Once the paint was dry and the glue on the candles was dry, I hung them in my bedroom. That’s it! I might add a blue ribbon to go around each candle, if I find some that strike my fancy!