You know how there are some dishes you always look forward to when going to a barbecue? Well, this taco salad is one of them. It’s Jennifer’s specialty, and she makes it for all sorts of get-togethers. We were heading to a back to school barbecue, and I immediately thought about bringing this dish.
Like me, Jennifer typically starts with a recipe and puts her own spin on it. This is one of those recipes you can adapt to the tastes of those you’re serving. Like black olives? Add them! How about beans? Go right ahead. And let us know in the comments how you made this your own version!
Taco Salad for a Crowd
1 lb. ground beef
1 small Iceberg Lettuce, shredded
2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 package Taco Seasoning
1/3 cup water
4 oz. shredded cheese, your favorite
7 oz. Dorito chips, crushed slightly
8 oz. French salad dressing
1 cup sour cream
- Cook the ground beef in a medium skillet until well browned and drain any excess fat.
- Add the taco seasoning and water to the skillet and combine well. Set aside to cool.
- While the meat cools, place lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and Doritos in a large bowl and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the French dressing and sour cream until combined well.
- Add the seasoned ground beef to the bowl and mix well with veggies.
- Add the dressing mixture to the bowl and toss carefully, making sure to coat everything evenly.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with some extra chips and cheese right before serving.